Mod Ren'Py The Silver Lining Walkthrough MOD [v0.8amab1] [asahibito]

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Overview:
This mod adds an in-game walkthrough and choice guide.
It also adds ability to name saves.
NOTE: While it should work with any language set in the game, the walkthrough itself is in English.

Updated: 2024-08-29
Game/Creator: The Silver Lining by Namuswill
Modder: asahibito
Mod Version: 0.8amab1
Game Version: 0.8a
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: F95zone

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Your mods are different than what I am use to, but they do get the job done. Hopefully picking those guys routes don't effect my route with Juliette too much, as that is the one I am most interested in. Anyways, thank you so very much for this!!!

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Your mods are different than what I am use to, but they do get the job done. Hopefully picking those guys routes don't effect my route with Juliette too much, as that is the one I am most interested in. Anyways, thank you so very much for this!!!
Thanks for continuing to use my mods. Very much appreciated.

The majority of mods, especially walkthrough mods, edit and change the game files directly. In case of walkthroughs this includes changing the game script to add in all those walkthrough text. Practically this method has caused a whole of issues including code incompatibility with new versions and game crashes. This also makes it hard to uninstall the mods and restore original code.

My mod philosophy is to touch as little of the game code as possible and in ways that do not cause above problems. This also makes it easy to remove my mods without adversely affecting the original game. For walkthroughs especially, my method is a little bit more complicated and complex coding-wise and can be a little imprecise since I have to detect those menu screens. In games like this one it is a bit challenging as there are often not enough unique elements on screen to differentiate them. The player also cannot make a choice quickly due to the simple fact they have to read another part of the screen. Any suggestions to improve readability are welcomed.

Ultimately I like my method of walkthrough mod as it allows the player to hide it thus preserving the look and presentation of the original game.

Finally, as far as the routes go, it is hard to make definite walkthrough for them at this time as the game is still being developed and also the fact the developer does not use consistent flags or stats to track each relationship. I did notice there are more chances to get on Juliette’s route as compared to Tommy but it is still a bit unclear if we can pursue multiple routes at the same time. One reason I added ability to name saves.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress